Monday, January 4, 2010

Confessions 2

Confession #1 - again, there's nothing very helpful here about mid-life career changes (soon, promise), but you might again give thanks that you've never....

#2 - I got stuck inside a port-a-john at Lake Arthur, during the off-season, on a solo trip. Yes, by mistake. The 911 operator snorted (a la, a big wild boar) because she was trying to hide the laughing. I don't blame her.

#3 - I owned a "Barry Manilow Live!" album at some point in my teens, based on the unnaturally high volume of pictures my parents took of me holding it with that year's birthday cake. Next Christmas, I am not looking through my Mom's old photo albums.

#4 - Just as creepy....one of my sisters and I used to sing our entire Donny & Marie album collection, in our backyard. Where no one would hear us. But now I think I understand some of the pained looks our neighbors used to give my family.

#5 - Even though I made peace long ago with not being a Mom-of-the-First-Order, sometimes I miss the children I didn't have.

#6 - When I row on the erg machine at home, I sit on an old boyfriend's sweatpants to cushion my butt from the hard seat. Any therapist might have fun with that one. I know I do.

#7 - I have "house" underwear, and "public" underwear. Enough said.

#8 - Sometimes I'm afraid that I feel big things too greatly. It can be a stupidly powerful thing, but at least it leaves no room for doubt, or second-guessing.

#9 - I am the luckiest girl in the world.

#10 - And, I'm more thankful now than ever for the many beautiful souls I know and have known. As this great new year starts, I wish every one of you continued fullness of joy, resilience, and realized hopes.

Off, to jump on a pair of old sweatpants. Just one of many confessions that keep the daily "life spark & joy" machine humming.

No comments:

Post a Comment