Monday, December 28, 2009

Confessions

Confession #1 - this post doesn't have a thing to do with midlife career changes, now that THAT'S finally been established, but it may help anyone reading this to recognize other common ground. Or, to be thankful that you've never (for starters)......

#2 - I once pissed-off tennis legend Ivan Lendl. While he was putting for par during Mario Lemieux's old charitable golf tournament. Lesson learned...something about an increased whisper decibel level phenomena on golf courses. So my boyfriend at the time said (thanks, Greg).

#3 - I loved Beavis and Butthead.

#4 - I have vacationed alone, and at times loved it, and sometimes hated it.

#5 - I got my first, real, lip-on-lip kiss when I was six years old. From David Tokas, while we cruised the neighborhood side-by-side on our bikes. The best....and we didn't crash.

#6 - I let the dogs lick the dinner plates. That earns an "eeewww" 50% of the time.

#7 - I've never had a spa treatment or massage outside of a medical tent at marathons. Which is just fine by me.

#8 - I was a Partridge Family girl. Edgier, funnier, than the Brady Bunch.

#9 - I am a seven-time pizza-eating champ. It's one of the reasons my former husband married me. And I think I have enough eating soul left, to challenge Adam Richman someday.

#10 - I pray often, but should probably listen more when I do. That's partly the reason for running. It's listening time.....

Off to listen, and to be thankful for a long, long list of "confessions".

No comments:

Post a Comment