Sunday, December 19, 2010


'Twas the week before Christmas, and the cards just went out

I'm a wee bit behind, yikes, of that there's no doubt

The cookies aren't eaten, 'cause they still need baked

The shopping's not done...who, has put on the brakes?

It was me, and I tell you, with a wee bit of shame

Christmas lept out of nowhere, with its jingles, and flames

My spirit for Christmas is abundant, and true

This pure season, has nourished family, and special friends, my life through

So, why's this year different? So why aren't I "done"?

Done wrapping gifts, done gingerbreading, done stuffing stockings...none, done

It could be the schooling, which I've been doing, it could be money is tight

But those few reasons, don't stop the season...and then the words of a sprite

Who said, "It's okay, it's all, alright! We made a snowman instead!"

"And we played Star Wars, and swung on hammocks, when there wasn't snow for the sled."

And so it hit me, this Christmas worry, was only just in my head

Since to my loved ones, it doesn't matter, that I'm not quite ahead

So I'm humbled, and happy, to be let off the hook

And can stop planning, each ticking second, and maybe sit and read a book

But I'll still be baking, lighting, gifting...just with a little more in mind

Than being perfect-ly ready, or perfectly on time

Because these chances come often, these great prospects to do

Simple things, and pay attention, to each other year thru

I'm not soapboxing, or giving speeches, and I hope I'm not trite

I'm just relaxing, and doing some laughing....that wise sprite is, always, right


~Merry Christmas, Friends~





1 comment:

  1. Well done, mi amiga... I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete